Product code: H45TC
- 1 X-large flat ovular basalt
(1 for stomach)
- 10 Large flat ovular basalt
(4 for backside, 4 for thigh, 2 for haunch)
- 14 Middium flat ovular baslat
(8 for arm, 2 for feet, 4 for calf)
- 6 Small flat ovular basalt
(2 for forehead, 2 for head crown,
2 for hindbrain)
- 2 Miniature pressure point basalt
(for backside and neck)
- 2 Countoured oval facial (2 for eye )
- 8 Toes
- 2 Small ovular marble (For cool therapy)
Packed within a bamboo box
Basalt is a kind of mineral of which the colour is dark gray.
It is the most recommended type of Volcanic stone to use in hot stone therapy because it is non porous, has smooth texture combine with their high heat retaining qualities.
.Basalt retains heat up to 45 minutes in the larger stones.
Their high ferruginous components will improve blood flow and relax the muscles.
This makes them the preferred choice for therapists.
Benefits and Effects of Hot Stone Theraphy.
· Increase circulation, facilitating maximum blood for optimum body functioning.
· Vaso-dilation of blood vessels causing an increase in blood flow around the body; providing the important fuel to keep the body functioning at total efficiency.
· Increases cell metabolism; thereby increasing the rate at which the body processes nutrients and toxins.
· Increase lymphatic function, thereby increasing detoxification, cleansing and elimination.
· Deep relaxation of muscles, helping to alleviate stress and tension.
· Create a feeling of balance and harmony.
· Gives the client a deeper and longer lasting sense of relaxation.
Contra-indications and Cautions
The Contra-indications with Hot Stone therapy are much the same as with traditional manual massage, except that there is the additional consideration of heat. Therefore, be cautious with clients with high blood pressure and circulatory disorders, heart conditions and or Pregnancy.
Hot Stone therapy treatment would naturally by inappropriate for clients with skin which is intolerant to heat, or very sensitive skin / skin prone to prickly heat / clients with nerve damage / loss of tactile sensation.
More information is available in the Instruction Manual package in the Bamboo Box.